Ad here

My Son's ATV

OhioTC18

Super Moderator
This summer he bought a Yamaha Raptor 350. Here's the specs and a few pics. Looks like he had fun with it.

MANUFACTURER
Yamaha
MODEL YEAR
MODEL
Raptor 350
ENGINE
4-stroke single, SOHC
DISPLACEMENT
348 cc
BORE X STROKE
83 x 64.5 mm
COMPRESSION RATIO
9.2:1
CARBURETION
Mikuni 36 mm BSR
COOLING
Air-cooled
STARTER
Electric
CLUTCH
Manual
TRANSMISSION
6-speed with reverse
IGNITION
DC - CDI
SUSPENSION
Front: Independent double wishbone, 7.9 in. with 5-way preload adjustment
Rear: Swingarm, 8.3 in. travel and threaded preload adjustment

BRAKES
Front: Dual hydraulic discs
Rear: Hydraulic disc

TIRES
Front: AT21 x 7-10
Rear: AT20 x 10-9

LENGTH
69.7 in.
WIDTH
43.1 in.
HEIGHT
42.5 in.
WHEELBASE
47.6 in.
SEAT HEIGHT
32.3 in.
GROUND CLEARANCE
4.5 in.
DRY WEIGHT
375 lbs.
FUEL CAPACITY
2.4 gal.

Attachments

• Raptor1.jpg
    Raptor1.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 231
  • Raptor2.jpg
    Raptor2.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 237
  • Raptor4.jpg
    Raptor4.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 232
  • Raptor3.jpg
    Raptor3.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 226

Tractors4u

My riding experience is mostly on utilities. I did ride a Honda 250R once. It was sweet. I would like to try one of the new generation sport quads sometime.

chunk

Administrator
Staff member
I like the utilities and have a couple of them (Honda 450es and a honda four trax 300). Never riden on of the sport bikes but some younger riders brought a few to ride with us on our 50 acres during one of our cookout / volleyball parties. Those things are fast. They try to climb extreme hills going fast. saw one tip over backwards. Looked like fun, but ...not for me. I'm happy going slow on my big ole utilites. :hide:
I've considered going wild and getting a Yamaha Rhino, but I really don't need it now that we got a houseboat, so we do not run back and forth to the river from our house on the 4 wheelers like we used to before the houseboat.

OhioTC18

Super Moderator
We made a mess out of my back yard this past summer with it. With the smaller tires and the gearing in that thing it's FAST

OhioTC18

Super Moderator
Well, he didn't listen to Dad. He was playing around with one of his buddy's and had a crash in his yard. He lives in a subdivision where the houses are real close. He went sliding across the yard/sidewalk and ended up in the street. Bruises, nasty scrapes and really sore ribs. Oh yeah and faces a nice repair bill to the bike.

Yes alcohol was involved :idiot:

chunk

Administrator
Staff member
Oh no. That would smart. Alcohol and speed do not mix.
Hope he heals fast.