Kyle's Wishlist

Wishlist:
  • Gateway Aero
  • Sony KV-34XBR960/970 Super-Fine-Pitch Widescreen Trinitron TV
  • Sony 9" Trinitron TV
  • Sony FW900
  • JVC TM-L450TU LCCS Video Monitor 5" CRT
  • Intergraph InterView 28HD96 (Carmack Quake CRT)
  • Technics AZ70 Cassette Deck(or any 3-head really)
  • Type IV Metal Compact Cassette Tapes
  • Compact R2R Player/Recorder
  • Old Calculators(Programmable or desktop)
  • Selectric I (narrow format) and Selectric III or IO model.

So not exactly compact, but it is a Sony...

Or would you pay $50 for this...

Last edited:
Panhandle Bob has several compact R2Rs. Here are a couple of examples. The blue one is the smallest and in fantastic condition.

20221122_195006.jpg
20221122_195159.jpg

All of Panhandles JVCs are more like 9" or more, most are square screen and I saw at least one that was 4:3. Here is another brand he has in 5". Eh, nevermind. Just looked it up and this is black and white.

20221122_222324.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, the 28HD96 is going to be one of those right place at the right time finds. The 28" in decent condition will easily go for a few grand online. Heck, I didn't even know they made a 24"! I'd probably prefer that haha

Also, the JVC that I am looking for does, in fact, have a B&W CRT in it. The catch is that it also has an RGB LCD shutter in front of it. They make color by scanning the CRT at 180Hz and switching the LCD shutter. Gives you clean and crisp video in a small size that doesn't rely on needing an ultra-fine-pitch aperture grille or shadow mask.

Any of the R2Rs of interest to you? And he has calculators, I just didn't get pictures. One was a TI that looked similar to a TI-30, but just said 'PROGRAMMER' where you'd expect a model number. Ah hah, found it...

Last edited: