Ad here

I'm not truck shopping anymore ...

chunk

Administrator
Staff member
I came back to this one I considered a few weeks ago. The price dropped by 3k and that was enough for me to jump. Didn't get it at wholesale or nothing but at least it was less than NADA retail.

It's in Texas and will have to be shipped here. I decided against a road trip this time.

Here's the description as it was on ebay and a couple pics..

One Owner 2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Z71 - 4X4 - Orange County Choppers - Leather - Custom Audio - Tonneau Cover - 20" Wheels - Very Clean - Only 42K Miles!!

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 American Van Conversion (OCC Edition) 4dr Crew Cab Z71 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A) with Summit White Exterior, Dk. Gray Interior. Loaded with 5.3L V8 SFI Engine, Leather Seats, Front Bucket Seats, Power Driver Seat, Carbon Interior Trim, Leather Steering Wheel Trim, Cruise Control, AM/FM/CD Audio System, Bose Audio, Custom Speaker Box, Subwoofer, Amp, Dual-Zone Climate Control, OnStar, Hard Tonneau Cover, Bed Liner, Side Steps, Custom Hood, Custom OCC Graphics, Billet Grille, Trailer Hitch, Camper/Towing Package, 20 Inch Chrome Wheels and more.

Attachments

• ChevySilverado1500.JPG
    ChevySilverado1500.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 308
  • ChevySilverado1500-2.JPG
    ChevySilverado1500-2.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 305

chunk

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks guys.
Everything came to a screeching halt last night. I had to talk to a Sales Mgr to complete the deal. He was going to email me paperwork and said I had to return the originals along with copies of my drivers license and proof of insurance.
I let that go, but it seemed like an odd requirement. Then he asks for my social security number. I said no, I don't give that out. He says he has to have it. I asked why. He said so they can do the title work. I said you are processing the title ...he says no but it was need to fill in the transferee part. I tell him that Ohio titles do not have the SS # on them. He still said he had to have it. I refused. He said he'll have to talk to the GM in the morning and see where we go from here. Strange.
I think they wanted the social so they can run my credit and offer financing. I do not want or need their financing and already told them that once.
Not sure where it will go from here, but I already have $500 into the deal.
Thoughts on all this?

bczoom

Stick to your guns. They DON'T need your SSN.

If they give you a hard time, tell them you want your money back and you'll shop elsewhere. Personally, I would have told the SM that exact thing last night.

chunk

Administrator
Staff member
I think they'd let me walk, but not refund my $500. I'll play this out and give them the choice of selling the truck or not. If they refuse to sell the truck without me giving them my SSN then I demand my $500 back. That is why I did not walk last night ...plus I'm tired of shopping and want the truck.

chunk

Administrator
Staff member
I gave them my day time number but he didn't call it today. Instead they called the house and left a message. So no contact today, and I'm out from 8am to 8pm tomorrow. Looks like it will be Monday before we talk.

chunk

Administrator
Staff member
:D Okay, here's the deal:

I'm moving forward with it. The A-Holes would not give an inch on the SSN. Said they had to have it due to the Patriot Act to check to see if I was a terriost or on the "list". I checked with my Credit Union and the girl there said they do a Fisik (sp) check the terrorist list on all applicants but they didn't need the SSN to do that. I caved and gave them the SSN. Paper work is all moving ahead now. The transport folks are scheduled to pick up the truck on Thursday. I hope to see it at my door step early next week.

chunk

Administrator
Staff member
Update.
I was crazy to do business with Texas Direct Auto. My truck is still sitting at the dealers place. Supposedly it has been moved to the shipping coordinators area. Edward is this guys name.
How did I find this out? I check my on line tracking number provided by the shpper. No results for that number. I call and he said there was a note on the account. They have contacted Texas Direct Auto multiple times, multiple people. All tell him that he needs to talk wtih Edward the coordinator for shipping the vehicles. Only problem is Edward does not answer his phone. The shippers have called and left numerous messages for him, and never gotten a call back. What a crock. This just keeps getting worse and worse and still I have not seen the vehicle close up. Arrrggggggggggg.

Andy ....you asked me about Texas Direct Auto ....now you know. Be careful out there buddy.

chunk

Administrator
Staff member
Edward called me back and is saying the shippers never called to pick up the truck ...that the truck is there and waiting to be picked up. So, who is lying to me? I'm not sure but the truck is being picked up this morning. I won't see it for 10 days. :eek:
But I do have a tracking number so I'll know where she is along the way. I 'll probably see it at the chicken ranch in Las Vegas before it ever gets to me. :yum: Lucky Truck!!!! :yum:

dirtyfingernails

Cool looking truck. Hope everything works out. I'm always reluctant to buy the smallest things on ebay, but I've heard of people buying cars and stuff off there with no problems at all.

chunk

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Eric. My bro bought a boat on Ebay and it turned out to be a really good deal. A friend bought a truck from this same outfit via Ebay and had it shipped just like I am. It worked out for him, so I have high hopes all will be okay once it finally gets here.
Hindsight is always better, I could not go to Texas the weekend after i bought the truck but I should have planned to go down last weekend and picked it up. I thought it would already be here. :bonk: Now they are saying estimated delivery date of April 5th.

chunk

Administrator
Staff member
I got the truck. They called to arrange delivery Tues, Thurs or Friday. I opted to go pick it up. I waited long enough, and had time today. Picked it up at the terminal in Charleston WV. About an 1:15 away.
Got back about an hour ago. She drives great. The 20" tires must make a difference. no surprises. Everything I was expecting and more. The seats are extremely comfortable. Stereo Rocks. All the gauges, add ons work. The volume control on the Steering wheel doesn't work, because it's a custom stereo, but there is a remote. One brake light is out. Otherwise all is good. :D :D :beer: